serves 4 people (generously)
1 large red onion;
1/4 cup olive oil;
1/4 cup chicken stock;
3 Tb freshly squeezed lemon juice;
2 Tb each chopped fresh basil and oregano or 1 tsp dried;
2 tsp minced jalepeno pepper;
1 tsp Dijon mustard;
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper;
2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts;
8 cups torn salad greens;
3/4 cup crumbled feta.
- Slice onion into 1/2 inch thick rounds; set aside.
- In small saucepan whisk together oil, stock,lemon juice, jalapeno, mustard, salt and pepper and half each of the basil and oregano.
- Remove 2 Tbsp of the dressing, and brush over both sides of the chicken and onion.
- Place saucepan over med low heat to warm remaining vinaigrette (you can skip this step and just keep the dressing at room temperature).
- Place onion and chicken on greased grill over med. heat; cook for 6 to 7 min per side or til no longer pink inside. Let the cooked chicken rest under foil for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Separate onion into rings.
- In large bowl, toss together chicken, onion, salad greens and warm vinaigrette til coated.
- Serve sprinkled with feta and remaining basil and oregano.
- Enjoy while warm.