- Make your favourite pastry recipe — enough to fill ten muffin cups
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (60 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
- 3/4 cup raisins (150 ml)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll the dough 1/4-inch thick. With a cookie cutter, cut out ten 4+1/2-inch circles. Press the circles into 10 cups of a muffin tin. Put the muffin tin in the freezer for 20 minutes. Bake for 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden and set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Divide the raisins among the shells. Pour the mixture into the shells and bake until set, about 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Remove tarts from pan and cool on a wire rack.