Ice cubes (or smashed icicles and/or snow)
½ cup kosher salt
1 cup half-and-half (or low fat milk)
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 resealable heavy sandwich bag
1 gallon-sized resealable freezer bag
What to do:
1. Fill the gallon-size bag half full with ice. Add kosher salt.
2. In the sandwich bag, mix half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla. Seal tightly.
3. Place the small bag inside the large bag. Seal the large bag tightly so it won’t leak.
4. To protect your hands from the cold, wrap the dish towel around the outside of the large bag. Shake for about five minutes, or until the half-and-half mixture turns into ice cream.
5. Wipe the salt off of the outside of the small bag. Then grab a spoon and dig in!
Makes one serving.