- 1-1/4 pounds new waxy potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 lb. bacon, cut into smallish pieces
- 1 x medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (or 2 Tbsp balsamic & 2 Tbsp white)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender. Drain, peel, and cut into rough chunks into a large bowl.
Fry the bacon in a frying pan. When very crisp, add the onion and garlic, and cook till tender crisp (or a little softer, if you prefer). Pour the vinegar over top to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Stir in the stock and oil. Add the peas to warm through. Then combine all with the potatoes in the bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.