- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 cup sweet red onion, diced (or another type of sweet onion of your choice)
- 1 x 16oz tin chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 and 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the peppers in a small bowl with a little water, cover, and blanch in a microwave for about 30 seconds. Cool, then dice.
Combine the peppers, onion, and chickpeas in a non-metallic bowl. Use a hand blender or whisk to combine the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pour the dressing over the chick pea mixture, cover, and refrigerate for one hour or more to let the flavours absorb into the salad.