I am the only one in my family who enjoys rice pudding, so I halve this recipe when I make it. I don’t always use “light” coconut milk, either! 😉
- 3 cups light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 parboiled long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon excellent vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine the coconut milk, milk, rice, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, about 40 minutes to one hour. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and cinnamon. I prefer it warm.