- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces, ground lamb or beef
- 1 Tablespoon hot Madras curry
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon each: ground coriander, salt, and pepper
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained (19 ounce)
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped (19 ounce) not drained
- 1/4 cup raisins
In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add lamb; cook, breaking up with spoon, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
Drain off fat. Stir in curry powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper; fry for a minute. Add honey and ginger, carrot, green pepper, chick peas, tomatoes and juices and raisins; bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened slightly.
Makes 4 servings.