In a large, deep skillet, melt:
- 1/3 of a cup of butter.
In it, brown:
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, that have been quartered.
Remove chicken from pan and add:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
Sauté until they are soft, then return the chicken to the pan and add:
- 2 tsp chopped, fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of dried apricots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of chilli powder
- 1/2 cup of canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup of chicken broth.
Stir and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes on low heat, then add:
- 1/2 cup of ground, roasted cashews, and
- 1/2 cup of flaked, unsweetened coconut.
Continue cooking at the same low temperature for 15 more minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Pour in:
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
Stir until the sauce is bubbling. Simmer briefly until thick.
Serve with basmati rice.
(serves about eight people)