- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed or minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate (2 tablespoons if you like) — I like Aeroplane or Tamcon brand that comes in a jar
Marinate chicken pieces in a large ziplock bag or nonreactive dish for at least 4 to and up to 8 hours in refrigerator; longer than this will begin to overtenderize it. Cook chicken by barbequing, grilling, baking, or sautéing.
Do not serve “used” marinade with cooked food.