- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs (can substitute graham wafer or digestive crumbs)
- ¼ cup soft brown sugar
- 2x8oz packages cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about ½ to 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in wafer crumbs and sugar. Press in to ungreased 10” spring form or 9”x9” pan. Bake in 350F oven for 10 minutes. COOL.
Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy; don’t overbeat. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add sugar, lemon juice and rind. Mix well. Turn into crumb-lined pan. Bake in 350F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes until firm; do not brown. Proceed to next step IMMEDIATELY.
Mix sour cream and sugar together. Spread over cheesecake. Return to oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Chill; keep in refrigerator. Cuts into 12 pieces.
Freezes very well.