This is a real retro/60’s recipe, but still requested by the kids in the family! There is nothing nutritious, or the least bit redeemable about it…
- 1 package peanut butter chips
- 1/2 bag coloured or white baby marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
Butter an 8″ x 8″ pan . Line with parchment paper with overhangs if desired, just to make the squares easier to remove.
In a heavy pot over low heat, blend chips, peanut butter, and butter until smooth.
There are two ways of “mixing” this:
- Scatter the marshmallows evenly over the bottom of the pan. Pour the smooth, melted peanut butter mixture over the marshmallows in the pan. OR
- Gently fold the marshmallows into the peanut butter mixture, and quickly pour into the buttered pan before they get a chance to melt.
Refrigerate until very firm. Keep refrigerated!