Into a large zipper freezer bag put:
- the juice of one or two lemons (add the zest, too, if you like)
- a clove of smooshed or minced garlic, or a spoon full from a jar of fresh chopped garlic
- a handful of roughly chopped oregano, or a heaping teaspoonful of dry — you can throw in the stems, too, if you’re feeling lazy
- a small spoonful of coarsely ground black pepper
- a large splash of olive oil, or other healthy oil
- big pinch of salt
Shake and smoosh the ingredients until well mixed. Add the chicken and marinate for at least a couple of hours, or overnight. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and discard the remaining marinade. Cook the chicken by barbecuing, baking, pan frying, or however you like.