- 1 lb ground beef, or .5 lb ground beef plus .5 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespooon chopped fresh parsley (or 1.5 teaspoons dried, if absolutely necessary)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, or wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or less
With a fork, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Preheat oven to 350F. Shape meat mixture into balls, about 1″ in diameter. Arrange on a greased baking sheet about 1″ apart from each other. Place baking sheet in centre of oven, and bake for 25 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in middle.
Eat as is, with pasta and sauce, in a sandwich, or however you want.
Makes about 30 to 40 meatballs