- Whole-wheat flour, or soft corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese of choice
- Oil to coat frying pan
- Red or green pepper, small dice
- Sliced green onions
- Red or sweet white onion, small dice
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
1. In a frying pan, pour enough oil to coat bottom; set heat to medium-high
2. When oil is hot, place a tortilla on it. Sprinkle one half with cheese, and fillings of choice.
3. Fold the tortilla in half to make a half-moon shape.
4. Brown the quesadilla on one side, and then carefully flip to brown other side. The cheese should melt nicely during this time.
5. Cut into wedges.
6. Serve with sour cream, salsa.