Really an “anything goes” kind of salad, adapted from LLL’s “Whole Foods for the Whole Family”
The Salad Ingredients:
- ½ lb pasta, cooked and drained
- ½ cup celery, chopped small
- ¼ cup red or Vidalia onion, finely diced (use spring onions if you don’t have)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ red or green pepper, diced
- 2 tins water-packed tuna –no hydrolyzed plant protein – flaked
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- Cheddar cheese, shredded, a handful
- ½ cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
The Dressing/dip Ingredients:
This makes way more than the above recipe requires!
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Gently combine all of the salad ingredients. Add dressing, tossing, until the salad is coated to your preference; it’s likely that you’ll have about 2/3 to ½ of the dressing left over. Refrigerate until flavours mingle.
The left over dressing makes a great raw veggie dip.