Toast over medium heat in a dry skillet (about 2 or 3 minutes):
- 2 Tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 Tablespoon coriander seeds
Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. With a mortar and pestle, grind to a fine powder. Transfer to a small bowl and add:
- 2 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon ground red pepper
Stir well. Will keep for a few weeks if kept airtight and dry.
Cut the tenderloin into large cubes, and rub the spice mixture into it. “Marinate” in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours to a maximum of 24 hours. Tastes better if marinated longer. Thread onto skewers and grill.