This is a cousin of guacamole, but tastes quite different; one benefit of using avocado this way, is that the dip stays bright green. Adapted from a recipe by Ingrid Hoffmann.
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and scooped out
- 1/3 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, white and light green part only, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients, except for salt and pepper, into a blender or small food processor. Blend for about 1 minute, or until very smooth. Taste, and add salt and pepper. Serve as a dip for sweet potato fries, or anything else you like.