This is from Bonnie Stern
- ½ head Napa cabbage or green cabbage, shredded
- ½ small red cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, grated
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- Handful chopped fresh cilantro or parsley (use less if desired)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp liquid honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp hot chili paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated or minced
- Place cabbages and carrots in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over and drain well. Rinse with cold water, and drain again (I skip this step)
- Toss green onions and cilantro with cabbage
- To make dressing, combine all of the ingredients until well blended.
- Toss dressing with the slaw.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings, if necessary.