From the Basic Shelf Cookbook. Good for when there’s “nothing in the fridge”.
- 1 tin light tuna, drained
- 1 cup grated sharp cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp (or more) mayonnaise
- 6 slices whole wheat bread or English muffins
Preheat oven to 375F
Mix tuna, cheese, celery, onion and mayo in a medium bowl. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Put equal amounts of tuna mixture on each bread slice and spread out evenly.
Bake in oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Cut each slice of bread into four pieces. Serve immediately.