We had this recently at a potluck dinner at Aunt Weezie’s in Washington; her friend Kent brought it, and it was delicious, served at room temperature.
- 16 new potatoes, about 3 to 4 lbs, cooked, drained and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 ½ cups prepared mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chipotle pepper purée
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare potatoes and set aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, except the potatoes, in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place warm potatoes in a large bowl and pour the mixture over potatoes and mix well. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste.
Read more at Food Network