We use this to marinate vegetables for grilled veggie and soft goat cheese sandwiches on ciabatta buns; we marinate and grill red peppers, red onions, eggplant, zucchini, portobello mushroom caps, and anything else that strikes our fancy, topped off with fresh baby greens.
- 1 tsp garlic paste (prepared, or make your own by mashing a garlic clove with salt)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a jar, shake together all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the olive oil.
- Add olive oil to the jar, and shake well.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings.
OPTIONAL (and recommended):
Add 1/3 cup minced fresh herbs, of choice (such as flatleaf parsley, basil, thyme)