Best on top of yogurt with fruit.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp honey, warmed (added half way through baking)
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In large bowl, toss oats with almonds, flour, brown sugar, poppy seeds, and salt.
- Over the stove, or in the microwave melt the butter in the maple syrup. Add it to the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the granola in center of oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir the granola, and drizzle the honey over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes longer, stirring once more, until golden and nearly dry.
- Turn off the oven and prop the door open half way; let the granola cool completely in the oven, stirring occasionally.
Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about three weeks.