Adapted from “Budget Bytes”
- 225g mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped again
- 57g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ to 1 tsp fresh or dried herbs of choice (I like za’atar)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350F, and coat a 9” pie plate with non-stick spray.
Sauté the mushrooms, garlic, and pinch of salt and pepper in a non-stick skillet until mushrooms are soft and all of their moisture has evaporated away, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Spread the spinach across the bottom of the pie plate, then top with the mushrooms, and finally, the feta cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the egg mixture carefully over the ingredients in the pie pan.
Top with the mozzarella.
Place the pie dish onto a baking sheet, and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes or so, until top is golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature.