- 1 cup raw cashews or cashew pieces
- Water to cover, OR, *boiling water to cover
1. a) Put the cashews into a bowl, or 2-cup measure, cover with water, and let sit overnight ~8 hours.
* b) Put the cashews into a heat-safe bowl, and cover generously with boiling water. Let sit for ~2 hours.
2. After soaking period is over, using a fine colander, drain the water off of the cashews, discarding the water. Rinse cashews well.
3. Put the drained and rinsed cashews into a small blender with 1/2 to 1 cup fresh water.
4. Blend on high speed until the cream is smooth, and at your desired consistency. Add a pinch of salt, if desired.