- 8 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 extra large eggs (or equivalent)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- large pinch of salt
- 10 grinds of black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, DIVIDED in half
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350F, and grease an an 8”x8” pan with butter or vegetable oil spray.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Stir in the hash brown potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, and the green onions.
Mix well, and pour into the prepared pan (I use glass), checking that the ingredients are well distributed.
Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top.
Bake at 350F, uncovered, for 45 minutes or so.
You can garnish with chopped green onions, chives, or whatever you like.