Chocolate, banana, and zucchini muffins.
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded and patted dry
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chocolate chips, preferably mini dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tin with butter or spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, vanilla, and both sugars. Stir in eggs, bananas, and shredded zucchini.
- Fold dry ingredient mixture into wet ingredient mixture, just until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean with a few moist crumbs sticking to the toothpick. Cool completely before storing.
Have been making these since the seventies, when my dear friend Lyn gave the recipe to me. Sweet and savoury at the same time; delicious cut in half and toasted.
Lyn’s Cheddar Honey-mustard Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (plus a few more shreds for on top)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter a 12 muffin muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine dry ingredients with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together until smooth and uniform.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, adding the cheddar cheese about half way through mixing. Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.