- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- red or yellow onion, chopped
- a couple of cloves of garlic, chopped
- big drizzle of olive oil
- Spike Seasoning to taste (or use any all-purpose seasoning mix that you like the flavor of)
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 12 links (about 10 oz.) turkey breakfast sausage links
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, grated
Preheat oven to 450F
Spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick spray.
Put veggies into the baking dish, toss with ~1 teaspoon olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning and fresh-ground black pepper, and put the dish in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
While the veggies cook, heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the sausages and cook over medium-high heat until they’re nicely browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
Remove to cutting board, line them up, and cut sausages into bite-sized pieces (alternatively, cut up the sausages beforehand and saute the pieces).
When the peppers have cooked for 20 minutes, stir in the cooked sausages and bake for 5 minutes more.
Remove from oven, turn oven to BROIL, sprinkle the grated Mozzarella over the top and return dish to oven to broil for a couple of minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted and starting to brown. Serve hot.