- 1 chicken carcass (from a roasted chicken), including skin, bones, cartilage — everything
- 1 yellow cooking onion, cut into chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 3 large ribs celery (and leaves), cut into chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp PC Chicken Rub (sage, thyme, rosemary, etc)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
Put the steaming rack — included with the Instant Pot — into the bottom of the pot.
Place the carcass in first, pushing it down; if you can break it up, all the better. Add the rest of the ingredients, and add enough water to just cover it all.
Put the lid on, seal, and set at high pressure for 120 minutes.
When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release; it can take up to an hour!
Using the steaming rack handles, lift out the bones and vegetables, discarding them. Get any remaining larger bits using a slotted spoon. Discard everything.
Pour the stock through a mesh sieve into a bowl or large measuring cup. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours if you want to remove the fat. Once cold, the fat will be sitting, solidified, at the top. Scoop it out and discard.
Now make some chicken soup, or anything else that requires stock!