Serve on cooked brown rice; add any other veggies that appeal.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Whisk the above ingredients together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium-sized cooking onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cups frozen peas
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add ground beef and sauté, breaking it apart, until no pink remains. Drain off excess fat.
- Add the peas and the sauce, mix well, and cook until hot.
- Serve immediately, on top of cooked brown rice.