- 7 ounces chocolate crumbs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 6 to 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce block light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Combine chocolate crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
- Add 6 tablespoons melted butter, and mix well until crumb mixture holds together. If needed, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Transfer cookie mixture to a 6-inch springform pan, and pat out evenly to make the crust, lining sides of pan only about 3/4 of the way up. Place in freezer while proceeding.
- Combine cream cheese, lemon juice, and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a mixer, and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, lightly whip cream to soft peaks, then gently fold into cream-cheese filling.
- Remove crust from freezer, and spoon filling evenly into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap, place in freezer for 30 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator until firm, at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
To serve, top with fruit of your choice. Fresh berries are especially good.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs (can substitute graham wafer or digestive crumbs)
- ¼ cup soft brown sugar
- 2x8oz packages cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about ½ to 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in wafer crumbs and sugar. Press in to ungreased 10” spring form or 9”x9” pan. Bake in 350F oven for 10 minutes. COOL.
Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy; don’t overbeat. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add sugar, lemon juice and rind. Mix well. Turn into crumb-lined pan. Bake in 350F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes until firm; do not brown. Proceed to next step IMMEDIATELY.
Mix sour cream and sugar together. Spread over cheesecake. Return to oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Chill; keep in refrigerator. Cuts into 12 pieces.
Freezes very well.
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 3.5 hours, including refrigeration time
- 2x 250 gram Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 12 Oreo/Girl Guide sandwich cookies, or six*
- 3 oz chocolate, melted (for garnish), or any other garnish that you like
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
Place 1 cookie in bottom of each paper lined muffin cup (*I prefer to use just one half of the cookie without the icing). Fill evenly with batter.
Bake for 20 minutes or until centres are almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Drizzle with melted chocolate; top with whipped cream if desired. Alternatively, garnish in any other way desired, eg, fresh fruit, lemon zest, chocolate shavings, or cherry pie filling…
Makes 12 cheesecakes.