Prep time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes; Servings: 6
just add guacamole, sour cream, and salsa
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup chopped yellow squash (such as butternut)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 6 x 9” whole wheat tortillas
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- guacamole, sour cream, salsa, etc
- In a large non-stick pan, cook red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and mushrooms in the olive oil over medium heat for about 7 minutes, or until just tender. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Coat the same pan with cooking spray, and place one tortilla in pan.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of the cheese evenly over the tortilla, and layer ¾ cup of the vegetable mixture over the cheese.
- Sprinkle another 2 Tbsp of the cheese onto the vegetables, and top with a second tortilla.
- Cook until golden on both sides, for approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove quesadilla from pan, and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into 8 triangles with a pizza cutter.
- Serve hot with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole)
This playdough is very smooth in texture, and will not leave a salty, or oily residue on one’s hands.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup cool water
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- Food colouring (optional)
Put flour, salt, and cream of tartar into a heavy-bottomed saucepan, and whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine the liquid ingredients together.
Add the liquid ingredients to the pot, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and forms a sticky ball in the centre of the pot, about 3 to 5 minutes after mixture has warmed.
Let cool, and knead till smooth.
Store covered in fridge.
Not food…for making wonderful solution for blowing bubbles (way better than store bought)!
- 1/2 cup Sunlight liquid dish detergent (honestly, this works the best)
- 2 + 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon glycerine (buy at a pharmacy)
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
Stir all ingredients together until well mixed. Makes about 3 cups.
Make bubble wands out of anything: pipe cleaners, twist ties, coat hangers, electrical wire, your fingers, string…get creative!