I’m making regular Tourtière with traditional pork, and this is my attempt at making a vegetarian-friendly version.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp vegetable broth paste
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tin lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt (more, to taste)
- (you will need mashed potatoes: about 3 medium-sized potatoes, as per the regular tourtière recipe)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over medium heat. Add the onion, Carrots, mushrooms, garlic and seasonings; sauté for 6-8 minutes until softened and slightly caramelized.
- Add the lentils and stir well. Taste for seasonings.
- Continue on as for Tourtière