- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into very thin strips
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (divided)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh beansprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- (1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce (divided)
- 4 (6.5″ or 7″) flour tortillas, warmed
In a small bowl, combine chicken with 1 TBSP soy sauce, the cornstarch, and the pepper.
In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat until very hot. Add chicken mixture, and stir fry until chicken turns white, about 3 minutes.
Add cabbage, bean sprouts, scallions, mushrooms, and waterchestnuts to wok. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add beaten egg and stir fry 1 to 1.5 minutes, until egg is just scrambled.
Add remaining 2 Tbsp soy sauce, sherry, sugar, bouillon granules, sesame oil, and 1 TBSP hoisin sauce to wok. Stir fry for 1 minute.
Brush centres of heated tortillas with remaining 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce. Spoon chicken mixture down the centre of each. Fold in sides of tortilla. Fold bottom quarter of tortilla up over filling, then roll up to enclose. Serve immediately with additional hoisin sauce for dipping, if desired.