Comfort food from my second mother, Bonnie. These were *such* a treat when we would be out sailing together! I’ve never had it with fresh mushrooms, as they just didn’t keep while out cruising on Lake of the Woods.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar(2/3 c)
- 1/3 cup peanut oil(2/3 c)
- 1 small onion, sliced in thin rings(2)
- 1 tsp salt(2 tsp)
- 2 tsp parsley flakes(4 tsp)
- 1 tsp prepared mustard(2 tsp)
- 1 tsp brown sugar(2 tsp)
- 2 tins whole mushrooms, drained(4)
Boil and simmer, all together, for 5 min. Store marinade and mushrooms overnight. You can sterilize jars and preserve, but keep refrigerated.