- 7 ounces chocolate crumbs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 6 to 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce block light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Combine chocolate crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
- Add 6 tablespoons melted butter, and mix well until crumb mixture holds together. If needed, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Transfer cookie mixture to a 6-inch springform pan, and pat out evenly to make the crust, lining sides of pan only about 3/4 of the way up. Place in freezer while proceeding.
- Combine cream cheese, lemon juice, and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a mixer, and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, lightly whip cream to soft peaks, then gently fold into cream-cheese filling.
- Remove crust from freezer, and spoon filling evenly into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap, place in freezer for 30 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator until firm, at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
To serve, top with fruit of your choice. Fresh berries are especially good.